I’ve worked in SMAC Lab since the summer of 2019. Before that, I graduated from Emory University in 2015 with a B.A. in Psychology-Linguistics and Music Performance then worked at Epic as a Technical Solutions Engineer. In 2018 I returned to academia to complete UW-Madison’s CSD capstone program. I’m applying to graduate programs related to speech perception for Fall 2021.
Undergraduate Research Assistants
I am an undergraduate sophomore in University of Wisconsin-Madison, majoring in computer science & mathematics. I am interested in the differences and similarity between the mechanism of human brains and that of artificial intelligence, and applying my science background to the research.
I am a junior majoring in Communication Sciences & Disorders and Music Performance, and am planning to go to graduate school to become a speech-language pathologist. Motor movement in speech and it’s applications to people with neurodegenerative disorders is of particular interest to me. The more we know about the speech-motor system, the more we can learn about these disorders.
I am a freshman majoring in Neurobiology, Psychology, and Computer Science. I am interested in understanding the complexities of neural networks especially within speech and motor planning, and I hope to translate that to my knowledge of computers and artificial intelligence to help with further research.
I am a senior majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders and I plan to go to graduate school to become a speech pathologist. I find learning about how motor planning influences speech production in typical and atypical populations to be fascinating, and applying these principles to research to be even more exciting.
- Carrie Niziolek, UW-Madison, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Rich Ivry, UC Berkeley, Psychology
- John Houde, Srikantan Nagarajan, & Zarniah Agnew, UC San Francisco, Speech Neuroscience Laboratory
- Vikram Ramanarayanan, Educational Testing Services
- Adam Lammert, Tom Quatieri, & Greg Ciccarelli, MIT Lincoln Labs
- Jelena Krivokapic, University of Michigan, Linguistics
- Doug Shiller, University of Montreal, Speech Language Pathology & Audiology
- Vince Gracco & Mark Tiede, Haskins Labs
- Cynthia Lee, Samantha Gordon Danner, Louis Goldstein, Sungbok Lee, Dani Byrd, & Tanner Sorensen, University of Southern California, Linguistics/SPAN group